Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Potentially inappropriate proton-pump inhibitor prescription in the general population: a claims-based retrospective time trend analysis.Therap Adv Gastroenterol. 2021; 14 (1756284821998928. 2021/05/06)https://doi.org/10.1177/1756284821998928
- The inappropriate use of proton pump inhibitors during admission and after discharge: a prospective cross-sectional study.Int J Clin Pharm. 2020; 42 (2019/12/23): 174-183https://doi.org/10.1007/s11096-019-00955-8
- The appropriate use of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs): need for a reappraisal.Eur J Intern Med. 2017; 37 (2016/10/28): 19-24https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2016.10.007
- The risks and benefits of long-term use of proton pump inhibitors: expert review and best practice advice from the American Gastroenterological Association.Gastroenterology. 2017; 152 (2017/03/05): 706-715https://doi.org/10.1053/j.gastro.2017.01.031
- Effective and safe proton pump inhibitor therapy in acid-related diseases - a position paper addressing benefits and potential harms of acid suppression.BMC Med. 2016; 14 (2016/11/09): 179https://doi.org/10.1186/s12916-016-0718-z
Canada C.W. By By PPI, https://choosingwiselycanada.org/perspective/ppi-toolkit/(2019, 2021).
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of gastroesophageal reflux disease.Am J Gastroenterol. 2013; 108 (quiz 329. 2013/02/20): 308-328https://doi.org/10.1038/ajg.2012.444
- ACG clinical guideline: diagnosis and management of Barrett's Esophagus.Am J Gastroenterol. 2016; 111 (quiz 51. 2015/11/04): 30-50https://doi.org/10.1038/ajg.2015.322
- Guidelines for prevention of NSAID-related ulcer complications.Am J Gastroenterol. 2009; 104 (2009/02/26): 728-738https://doi.org/10.1038/ajg.2009.115
- American Gastroenterological Association Institute technical review on the management of gastroesophageal reflux disease.Gastroenterology. 2008; 135 (1413.e1391-1395. 2008/09/20): 1392-1413https://doi.org/10.1053/j.gastro.2008.08.044
- ACCF/ACG/AHA 2010 Expert Consensus Document on the concomitant use of proton pump inhibitors and thienopyridines: a focused update of the ACCF/ACG/AHA 2008 expert consensus document on reducing the gastrointestinal risks of antiplatelet therapy and NSAID use: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Task Force on Expert Consensus Documents.Circulation. 2010; 122 (2010/11/10): 2619-2633https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0b013e318202f701
- Long-term PPI use: balancing Potential harms and documented benefits.Am J Gastroenterol. 2016; 111 (2016/04/27): 913-915https://doi.org/10.1038/ajg.2016.156
Pharmacists CSoH. Six things clinicians and patients should question, https://choosingwiselycanada.org/hospital-pharmacy/(2020).
- Five common errors to avoid in clinical practice: the Italian Association of Hospital Gastroenterologists and Endoscopists (AIGO) Choosing Wisely Campaign.Intern Emerg Med. 2019; 14: 301-308
- Choosing Wisely': a growing international campaign.BMJ Qual Saf. 2015; 24 (2015/01/02): 167-174https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjqs-2014-003821
- Choosing Wisely Canada recommendations.Can Fam Physician. 2016; 62 (2017/07/01): 902
(NICE) TNIfHaCE. Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and dyspepsia in adults: investigation and management Clinical guideline [CG184], https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg184 (2014, 04/2020).
- American Gastroenterological Association medical position statement on the management of Barrett's esophagus.Gastroenterology. 2011; 140 (2011/03/08): 1084-1091https://doi.org/10.1053/j.gastro.2011.01.030
- Proton pump inhibitors: use and misuse in the clinical setting.Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol. 2018; 11 (2018/10/09): 1123-1134https://doi.org/10.1080/17512433.2018.1531703
- Appropriateness of treatment recommendations for PPI in hospital discharge letters.Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2010; 66 (2010/08/10): 1265-1271https://doi.org/10.1007/s00228-010-0871-9
- Appropriateness of proton pump inhibitor recommendations at hospital discharge and continuation in primary care.Int J Clin Pract. 2012; 66 (2012/07/19): 767-773https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1742-1241.2012.02973.x
- Choosing wisely in adult hospital medicine: five opportunities for improved healthcare value.J Hosp Med. 2013; 8 (2013/08/21): 486-492https://doi.org/10.1002/jhm.2063
- Appropriateness of Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) prescription in patients admitted to hospital: attitudes of general practitioners and hospital physicians in Italy.Eur J Intern Med. 2016; 30 (2016/03/02): 31-36https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2016.01.025
- Safety of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 vaccine in a nationwide setting.N Engl J Med. 2021; (2021/08/26)https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa2110475
- We have had a gutful: the need for deprescribing proton pump inhibitors.J Clin Pharm Ther. 2018; 43 (2017/09/13): 65-72https://doi.org/10.1111/jcpt.12613
- Inappropriate use of proton pump inhibitors among medical inpatients: a questionnaire-based observational study.JRSM Short Rep. 2013; 4 (2013/09/17)2042533313497183https://doi.org/10.1177/2042533313497183
- Inadequate use of acid-suppressive therapy in hospitalized patients and its implications for general practice.Dig Dis Sci. 2005; 50 (2006/01/18): 2307-2311https://doi.org/10.1007/s10620-005-3052-4
- Inappropriate prescribing of proton pump inhibitors in primary care.Postgrad Med J. 2007; 83 (2007/02/03): 66-68https://doi.org/10.1136/pgmj.2006.051151